Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bad News

We just got some of the most discouraging news in ages today. My mother was in an accident 3 years ago. It was not her fault. Some Boy ran into her from behind (he didn't even try to stop) which smashed her into the car in front of her. She was injured, I would call it a serious injury, and had to have several parts popped back into place. She has nerve damage and crippling pain in her back+ribs, legs, neck and shoulders. She can no longer sit or stand for more than 20 minutes at a time nor lift. Walking is so hard that I have to push her in a wheelchair in the stores. 3 times she had been denied for disability and so we still have to fight for that. Now when we thought this case would all be settled we find out the boy is claiming that all these injuries cannot have been his fault and they are not going to pay the doctors bills. I can't even really allow myself to think about what this is going to do to our family. All these bills must be payed by someone not to mention that none of the injuries will ever get any better which means that more doctor bills are forthcoming well into the foreseeable future and beyond. Now add in that she is only in her mid fourties and you begin to see the new doctor bills for the depression all of us will be facing soon. Life around here is about to get so much harder. I may be disconnecting our home from telephone service soon as well as many other things that will have to go. Maybe we will find a windfall under some rock I haven't found yet. Maybe not. I will try to remain hopeful.

No comments: