Sunday, July 17, 2011

YOP Sunday Post

A real post for the Year of Projects Blog-a-Long! Last Sunday I had nothing to show from my projects list, I hadn't even begun any of the projects yet because I was playing catch up with my other alongs. This week I have 1 near project, and a replacement project that I modified to look the way I wanted instead. 

This was the intended Basket Project nearly done and I hated it! Just wasn't turning out the way I'd hoped.


This is what I decided to do instead. Started all over and modified a pattern from ravelry to add bands of ribbon for stability and handles for ease. All my current balls of reminents fit and now that they're all together I can see that I have enough S&C cotton for a funky project or a bunch of scrunchies.

12 comments:

Wool Diaries said...

Love it and just the right size! Well done.

Dorothy said...

Great colours and the basket looks perfect.

Sandy said...

Cute little basket. I have a huge basket, not very pretty compared to yours, not handmade and my yarn overflows...maybe I need a cute little one for the current project only....hum...

Lyndsey said...

love the basket.x

Florence said...

Very nice basket!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Your modifications look like just the thing! I really like handles on baskets!

Unknown said...

I just love that and think it just perfect

Carole said...

Loving your basket!

Unknown said...

Love it!

Sarah ~ Crafts from the Cwtch said...

That's so cute and also practical - great work! :) a

Alittlebitsheepish said...

It looks great, what pattern did you use?

Annie said...

Everytime I see cool crocheting things like this I always wonder why I don't crochet. Seriously.