Sunday, July 17, 2011

YOP Sunday Post

A real post for the Year of Projects Blog-a-Long! Last Sunday I had nothing to show from my projects list, I hadn't even begun any of the projects yet because I was playing catch up with my other alongs. This week I have 1 near project, and a replacement project that I modified to look the way I wanted instead. 

This was the intended Basket Project nearly done and I hated it! Just wasn't turning out the way I'd hoped.


This is what I decided to do instead. Started all over and modified a pattern from ravelry to add bands of ribbon for stability and handles for ease. All my current balls of reminents fit and now that they're all together I can see that I have enough S&C cotton for a funky project or a bunch of scrunchies.

12 comments:

RugbyMad said...

Love it and just the right size! Well done.

Dorothy said...

Great colours and the basket looks perfect.

Sandy said...

Cute little basket. I have a huge basket, not very pretty compared to yours, not handmade and my yarn overflows...maybe I need a cute little one for the current project only....hum...

Blueberry Tea said...

love the basket.x

FoFo said...

Very nice basket!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Your modifications look like just the thing! I really like handles on baskets!

Ruth said...

I just love that and think it just perfect

Carole said...

Loving your basket!

Cris said...

Love it!

Sarah (Crafts From The Cwtch) said...

That's so cute and also practical - great work! :) a

Alittlebitsheepish said...

It looks great, what pattern did you use?

Annie said...

Everytime I see cool crocheting things like this I always wonder why I don't crochet. Seriously.