Monday, November 21, 2011

Christian Living

Have you ever wanted to let your kids go crazy and pick a toy/book all on their own? I know I would love to. If I could just let her choose! So many of today's toys and books have references to unmentionable subjects woven into them. They're so subtle! Sometimes even I have trouble. I'll be reading a book and she'll ask me about it and I'll have to clean it up in order to tell her. I just don't realize how "bad" it got until I have to say it out loud.

Don't even get me started on Tattoo Barbie!, and those ugly monster/barbie/dracula dolls in all the stores around here. NEVER! I asked all the family to find "clean" toys but It's so hard to find affordable quality things in todays' TV fueled market.

Right now Vision Forum is having a giveaway through another blog I read regularly called Raising Olives. This is an unbelievable opportunity folks.
The prize is not just great in itself but If I win I could let my kid fun free and choose her own adventure. Plus for the first time I will be able to just watch and see what she really loves without her wondering if what she picks will upset me and me worrying I'll have to say no and explain another "fact of life". Have you ever had to explain why girls "like" girls to a 5 yr. old or why that guy on TV hit the woman? It's hard, to say the least, especially when you don't want to teach a child to hate or be mean but you really want them to understand.

Go on and check it out. I'm so excited about this!

1 comment:

Florence said...

I know exactly what you mean! I have to watch everything and sometimes it's really hard! I hope you win!